Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So Fun!!

I have been in school for just over a week now and I love it! Our first section has been esthetics so I have not worked with hair yet, but I have learned how to give Manicures, Pedicures, and some basic things about acrylics. I love it. I thought the pedicures would freak me out but I actually enjoy giving them. And of course we practice on each other, and I especially love getting them!!

This week we are continuing in esthetics and we are learning facials and waxing and make-up application. I love everything so far, I don't feel like I am in school. I feel like I get to go do something I enjoy for 4 hours a day! It is nice to find something that I am actually good at and be able to do it and enjoy it! 

The only problem that I have run into sos far is that I am used to getting home at night and having 7-8 hours to play.... so now when I get home at 9 every night I forget that that is no longer the case. I still feel like I need to play for 7 hours instead of only 3 and I have been staying up WAY too late. I need to work on that one cause 5  12 hour days in a row do not work well when you go to bed at 3 every night!!! But other than that I have no regrets about starting when I did! I know this is where I am supposed to be and I absolutely LOVE it!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

So cool Jess! I am so happy for you and so proud of you! Thanks for the update

Maleen said...

Come on, you can't tell me that you don't need to practice at least ONE more pedicure, right?

We missed you on Saturday. Mow was great as always.