Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In the Pink

A couple of weeks ago was the "Race for the Cure" Its a race and all the proceeds go to Breast Cancer Research. My Dad has a friend Tracy who he works with at the hospital and she asked him to be on her team and walk the 5k with her and her family. So he dressed up all in his pink gear and we went up to Salt Lake and it was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I was amazed! It was like a "Full House" moment when you just realized that for 2 hours it didnt matter who you were or where you came from or what you looked like... No one was too cool to be in pink, not even a group of bikers with dreads... all decked out from head to toe in hot pink. It was really a site to see! I was so touched by the stories and all the people. They had soo many people that all you could see for miles each direction was PINK!!!
My dad just starting the race...
This was one of my FAVORITE shirts and has a really funny story behind it...
Tracy is in the pink shirt, all the breast cancer survivors were wearing the pink shirts...

My dad with Tracy... She is so sweet!
Their group name was "In the Pink" this is the whole team together...
This was one of the sweetest things, It made me cry when I saw this girl, the sign on her back said "I am racing for ME" and she had a sign on her little baby's back that sad "I am racing for my MOMMY" and she carried him the whole way, It was just so touching, she couldnt have been older than me...
This lady was amazing, such a fun outfit!
haha my daddy Loved this team their shirt says "Fight Like a Girl"
This doesnt even come close to showing how many people were their but it was the best I could get... I had to stand on the back of a truck to get this and I still couldnt see the end of people in either direction...

My daddy is my hero, there is nothing he cant do or wont do for a friend, and as a survivor of cancer himself it was amazing to me to be able to see him a year later out walking and helping out a good cause... I LOVE YOU DADDY!

No comments: