Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Basically a Super Hero!!

On an up note... I got a new job and for the first time in a LONG time I feel like I am doing something with my life. Something that means something. Something that will benefit others. I work as a Medical Dispatcher. For people with emergency help buttons that they can push when they need something. I get to talk to them and get them the help that they need. I have heard some awful things and unfortunate things already and I am sure it will only get worse as I work there longer, but it is worth it just knowing that they have someone there to help them. Some of these people are victims of Domestic Violence, or Elderly Abuse, or just people with severe health issues or old age. Sometimes its not always what I want to hear, and I leave down-hearted sometimes. But when you get a call that comes in and you can hear in their voice how grateful they are that they have someone, a link to the outside world. Especially when they had that hurricane and earthquake back east. There were people who were stuck in the dark for days and weeks and we were there only link to anyone. I come home at the end of the night with a roaring headache sometimes but it makes it worth it knowing that at the end of the day I helped someone who really needed it. Its nice feeling like you mean something to someone. And that I really can make a difference in the world.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Where have you been? I'm excited to hear about your new job? What happened to Cosmotology? I'm sorry to hear that boys are as stupid as always. I don't know if anything will make you feel better, but I dated a few losers before I found the real deal. And even if you don't find it soon, staying single is better than being in a horrid relationship. (Or at least I assume so.) Sheesh, I might be the worst person ever to give advice.

Anyway, call me. We should hang out, and I really mean that. What are you doing next Tuesday night?

Jessie Nielsen said...

Sorry I just saw this lol. We will have to get together soon for sure. I am still doing hair and photography on the side but got a full time job at this place and I LOVE it!!! Its a fun place to work and keeps me busy which I love.

haha and thanks for the guy advice. he was neither a loser or a horrid relationship, the timing just wasnt right. But I agree cause I too have dated some REAL LOSERS! haha I am sure you remember ;)