Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Friends....

I love them! I have made such good friends and I seriously have to ask myself how it is I lived 23 years without them in my life. I heart them and appreciate them so stinking much. It is nice to have a few close people to laugh with and cry with and just be with any day, any time! It is interesting at this age of life the trials that we go through. Sometimes they are similar and sometimes they are completely different. I have recently watched some close friends go through some hard times. With school, work, family, boys, friends. There is so much going on in our lives these days and sometimes it gets overwhelming!!

One of the hardest things for me is to watch a close friend struggle, whatever the struggle may be, it is hard to watch them hurt! I just hope that even though I may or may not have experienced exactly how they feel that they know I am there for them. I recently have had some hard situations that I have been trying to deal with and I know that they are truly there for me and would be anytime I needed them. I heart them and thank my heavenly father so much for the friends that I have been blessed with!

In August 07 when my contract ended at the last place I was living, I was looking for a new place for me and my roommates to go, I had looked at like 20 different apartments and had called about 20 more than that and I was going to this place across the street from where I live now. I looked there and wasn't impressed. Then as I was leaving I saw my complex. It looked really nice and out of my price range and I thought to myself, even if I could afford it they probably don't have an empty apartment for all 4 of us to move into (that had been my main problem). I decided to stop but was already set up for disappointment. I walked in and talked to the lady and I had the STRONGEST feeling that I was supposed to live there. I got the pamphlets and contracts and went home to talk the roommates. I pretty much told them that even if they didn't move there I felt like I was supposed to and I was going to! We all ended up moving there and I have been there for a year and a half and will resign my contract when it is up. I feel like although I am not certain what the purpose of living there was that there indeed was a purpose! I think that I was supposed to move there to meet the friends that I have made. I don't think I could have made it through the last few months without their love and support! It is such a testimony of following promptings and being in tune with the spirit!

No comments: